Welcome to 100 Women Who Care Vancouver
Now that you’re a member of 100 Women Who Care (you’re a member right? Did you Register Online?), you are part of a force of women committed to change our community right here in Vancouver.
As a new member, there are some important things you should know before your first meeting.
– You must be a member to attend our networking sessions and meetings. We always welcome guests and new members, so if you have a friend who would like to learn more bring them along, or even better get them to Register Online!
– 100% of funds donated go to the selected charities. We do not take an administrative fee. We all believe in the importance of giving back.
– Nominating a charity is for members only – we send you the link in our membership newsletters that you should receive starting 6 weeks before a meeting. If you’re NOT receiving your newsletter, please contact us.
– We take your privacy very seriously. We have our selected charities agree not to share or store your contact information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. If you’re contacted by a charity after a meeting other than to receive your tax receipt, please let us know immediately.
Don’t Forget to Connect
Now that you’re a member of 100 Women Who Care Vancouver be sure to follow us on: Facebook; Twitter;
Stay in the Loop
As a member, you should be receiving our weekly newsletter. We start sending it 6 weeks before the quarterly meeting. It includes info like the location of the meeting and most importantly the charity nomination form! If you’re NOT receiving the newsletter, please let us know ASAP. It means that we don’t have your correct email address and therefore can’t get a hold of you to let you know what’s going on!
What Happens at a Meeting?
Have you committed to helping your community but you haven’t been to a meeting yet? Here’s what to expect at one of our quarterly meetings.
1) We host a 1-hour networking session before the meeting starts. There’s a cash bar and an opportunity to meet your fellow members. A volunteer will greet you at the door and, if you’re a “newbie”, we will take a moment to introduce you to a few other members.
Come for as long or as little of the networking session as you would like. It starts promptly at 5pm and ends exactly at 6pm.
2) The meeting starts with Charlene greeting our presenters and members. She will share any housekeeping notes at this time. Then the big reveal! We share the three selected charities with our membership – all of which have been nominated by a member, randomly selected from the hat, and vetted by the Charity Co-ordinator.
3) We hear from our 3 selected organizations. A presenter from each charity has 5 minutes only to share with our membership what their organization would do with the donation if they are chosen.
4) Voting. After hearing all three presentations, each member votes by secret ballot who they would like to donate to. Volunteers collect the ballots and whisk them away for counting.
5) Charity update. While the votes are being tallied, we hear an update from the last organization who received a donation from us. They fill us in on how our support has impacted their organization and the progress of the programming the funds were earmarked for.
6) Selected Charity Announcement. Everyone takes out their cheque books and waits with anticipation for the selected charity to be revealed. Once members know who to write the cheque to, they do so right in the room.
7) Meeting wrap up. Our founder wraps up the meeting by letting members know when and where the next meeting will be held and congratulating all nominated charities.
8) Before you leave, remember to drop your cheque off at the registration desk at the entrance. A team of volunteers will make sure that all of your information is accurate so you will receive your tax receipt in a timely fashion.
Have question? Have you checked our FAQ Section? It has lots of great information whether you’re a new member or have been with us since the beginning.
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for on the website? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.